WHEREAS the University of Ottawa established ans posted a Pay Equity plan for all members of the University community in 1989, pursuant to the requirements of the Pay Equity Act R.S.O. 1990, c.p. 7 (hereinafter referred to as ‘The Act’);
WHEREAS the Union was certified by the OLBB at the time;
AND WHEREAS the Parties determined that were no female dominated job classes at the time, requiring the creation of Pay Equity plan for this bargaining unit.
- The Parties agree that is advisable to meet to review the current composition of the bargaining unit, to determine jointly if there presently any female dominated job classes, pursuant to provisions of the Act.
- This procces follows Pay Equity process recommendations that there should be a periodical review of the Pay Equity plan in effect and the gender distribution and is intended for a review on a go foward basis only.
- It is understood that the results of this review will apply only to during the period of Agreement and foward.
- The working group will be comprised of an equal number of local representatives and no more than three (3) form each, the Universtiy and the Union. Union representatives shall be given time off without loss of salary or benefits to prepare and attend this meeting.
- Each Party may be accompanied by their own external specialist.
- The working group will begin to meet no later than January 15, 2017.
- Should the Parties determine that there are female dominated job classes, which need review pursuant to the provisions of the Act, the Parties will jointly negociate and develop a Pay Equity Plan.
- If required, pursuant to provisions of the Act, the Parties on the Committee shall mutually agree to the plan, purpose and terms of reference and develop the framework and procedure to be used to conduct the job evaluations, according to the Hay Job Evaluation System.