Article 36 : termination of contract
All the provisions of this contract shall remain into force with the full effects they involve, for a term ending June 30, 2021.
Ninety (90) days before the end of this Agreement, the Parties can start negotiating the renewal of the next Collective Agreement.
Specific conditions to the Agreement :
- The duration of the Agreement is five (5) years from July 1st 2016 to June 30 2021.
- No later than January 31st 2019, the Parties will meet to negociate economic adjustments and adjustments to the benefits outlined in Article 31 ‘Group Insurance’ and Article 35 ‘Pension Plan and Early Retirement Allowance’ for each year, beginning July 1st 2019 and July 1st 2020.
- Should the Parties not ratify these revisions to these clauses by new agreement by June 30, 2019, all provisions of the Agreement shall continue in force.
- The Parties will base the adjustments by a review of total compensation (including economic adjustments and adjustment to the benefits) of the same job classifications of other employers by using these comparators : Ontario’s University comparators, comparable local employers in the National Capital Region and campus employee groups.
- Should these matters not be resolved by January 1st 2020, either Party may choose to opt for a referral to binding arbitration, by an arbitrator mutually agreed to by both Parties. The Arbitrator will be empowered only to resolve the adjustment to both salary and benefits outlined in Article 31 and Article 35 for July 1st 2019 and July 1st 2020. The decision of the arbritor shall be final and binding upon the Parties.