Each year you are entitled to the following paid holidays:
- Christmas Day (25 December)
- Boxing Day (26 December)
- New Year’s Day (1 January)
- Family Day (The third Monday of February)
- Good Friday (The Friday before Easter)
- Easter Monday (Easter falls between 22 March and 26 April)
- Victoria Day (The Monday preceding 25 May)
- Canada Day (1 July)
- Civic Holiday (The first Monday of August)
- Labour Day (The first Monday of September)
- Thanksgiving Day (The second Monday of October)
If you are asked to work during one of the holidays listed above, you will be paid 1.5 times your regular hourly rate plus your base salary, or you will receive the equivalent time in paid leave.
Year-end Holiday season
The Holiday period begins at 5:00 pm on December 22, and work resumes on January 3, at 8:45 am or at the regular starting time for employees. Of course, if December 22 or January 3 fall on a Saturday or Sunday, the exact start and return dates will vary slightly. During this period you are on paid leave.