Leave for family obligations and emergencies
If required, you can take up to three days of paid leave per calendar year for family obligations and other emergencies, including:
- Providing short-term care to a close family member who is ill
- Attending a medical or dental appointment or a meeting with school officials for a family member
- Inability to secure daycare for a child in your care
- Attending court with a minor child in your careor
- Dealing with damage to your residence as a result of a fire, flood, a natural disaster or a break-in.
However, your entitlement to leave for family obligations is also subject to the following provision: You are eligible to receive a total of three days of paid leave per calendar year, prorated to the length of your contract, for all of the following leaves combined: leave for family obligations, bereavement leave, special leave for the birth of a child, leave for moving and leave for your wedding. For example, if you use two days of leave for family obligations, you will have one remaining day of leave to use towards any of the other leaves listed above for the rest of the year.
You must make every effort to keep absences for family obligations to a minimum.
Leave Management System
You must enter your leave in the Workday leave management system prior to your leave or if this is not possible, immediately upon your return to work.