Each year you are entitled to the following paid holidays:
- Christmas Day (25 December)
- Boxing Day (26 December)
- New Year’s Day (1 January)
- Family Day (The third Monday of February)
- Good Friday (The Friday before Easter)
- Easter Monday (Easter falls between 22 March and 26 April)
- Victoria Day (The Monday preceding 25 May)
- Canada Day (1 July)
- Civic Holiday (The first Monday of August)
- Labour Day (The first Monday of September)
- Thanksgiving Day (The second Monday of October)
If you are a librarian and are scheduled to work on Easter Sunday or the Saturday immediately preceding Easter, you are entitled to take time off with pay equal to 1.5 hours for every hour you work on either day, in addition to your regular salary for the hours you work.
Year-end Holiday season
The University closes at noon on the last workday before Christmas or, if Christmas falls on a Sunday or Monday, at 5:00 p.m. on the Friday before Christmas. The University reopens at noon on January 2 or, if January 2 is a Saturday or Sunday, at 8:30 a.m. on the Monday following January 2.