Article 43 : premiums for shifts and additional responsabilities
43.1 Evening, night and weekend premiums
- Employees whose work schedule requires working
evenings, nights or weekends are paid the following premiums:
- Evening premium: $0.85 per hour for time worked between 3 p.m. and 11 p.m.;
- Weekend premium: $1.00 per hour;
- Night premium: $1.25 per hour worked for time worked between 11 p.m. and 7 a.m.
- The evening and night premium are added onto any weekend premium for hours worked.
43.2 The annual base pay for employees whose position requires regular evening, weekend or night schedules is adjusted proportionately to take into account the hours worked during these periods, i.e. the number of hours worked in a week are multiplied by 52/1,820.
43.3 Premiums for additional responsibilities
When the University temporarily, for a period of at least fifteen (15) days, assigns an employee additional responsibilities beyond his normal duties that are not included in his job description, the employee receives a second source of salary, regardless of the reason for this assignment. This additional remuneration lasts the entire duration of the assignment and is paid retroactively beginning on the first day the employee takes on the responsibilities.
Such remuneration is determined in the same way as for temporary assignments posted under 22.6 if the responsibilities are carried out during normal work hours.