My InfoUniversity of Ottawa Information Technology Professionals

Change of personal information

Change of address

Keep your personal address up-to-date. If not, you may lose legal documents, money and specialized information.

• Online (preferred method)

With My Profile HR, you can easily change your personal address, phone number and emergency contacts.

This is the preferred method to inform us. If you wish to change or add an address outside Canada or the United States, contact Human Resources at 613-562-5832.

• By intra mail

It is also possible to send a signed letter or note to Human Resources indicating your name (in block letters), employee number, new address and telephone number. Tell us if it is your new postal address, your new permanent address or both.

• In writing or by email

We can always process a change of address request via signed letter or note sent to Human Resources by mail or email. However, the most efficient way to advise us of a move is the online method.

Pay history and tax forms

From that same site -- from My HR Profile -- you have access to your historical pay information and to the tax forms (T4). Employees who have left the University or who are on leave (unpaid, self-funded, sabbatical, etc.) receive the tax forms by regular mail to their home address. That's why it's important to give us your postal address that matches your home address.

If you require copies of a T4, you must pay $5 for the current fiscal year and $25 for the preceding years.