Letter sent to new employees - Template
First-name Last-name Personal Address City, Province, Postal-code
Welcome to the University of Ottawa! This letter shows you how to activate your uOttawa computer accounts and initially log into your email account, which HR uses to communicate with you.
Your Employee Number is: 999999999
Your uOttawa email address is: email@example.com
The University of Ottawa uses only your @uOttawa.ca email address to communicate with you; for example, if you are on the University’s payroll, we will send to that email address a secure PDF of your paystub.
Step 1 – Activate your computer accounts
It is essential that you activate your computer accounts as soon as possible. Contact the Information Technology Service Desk by phone at 613-562-5800 extension 6555 to receive your initial uoAccess password.
Once you have received your initial password, follow the steps below to personalize your password (*):
- Go to uoAccess login page https://accesuoaccess.uottawa.ca/itim/self
- Enter your username, which is the name that precedes the "@" sign in your email address. Enter your initial uoAccess password. Click Login.
- Answer 5 of the 10 security questions and click OK.
- Once you have successfully logged in, click IBM Security Identity Manager Home in the Related Tasks section..
- Click Change Password.
- Enter your new password; it must be at least 10 characters long and incorporate at least 3 of the following characteristics: uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, non-alphanumeric characters.
- Click Log off.
If you need assistance, you may refer to the help file https://it.uottawa.ca/uoaccess
Step 2 - Log into your uOttawa email account
To log into your uOttawa email account, follow these steps (*):
- Go to the uOttawa Outlook Web App site at https://mail.uottawa.ca/owa
- Type your username, which is the name that precedes the "@" sign in your email address. And enter your uoAccess password, which is the new password created in the steps above.
- Click Sign in.
(*) To use the French versions of uoAccess and Outlook Web App, you need to activate the French version of your browser.
Help to login or use Outlook
If you need help to login or use Outlook, please contact the Information Technology Service Desk website at http://it.uottawa.ca/service-desk-request or phone them at 613-562-5800 extension 6555.