My InfoAssociation of Part-Time Professors of the University of Ottawa

Academic leave

If you wish to take on an academic project, including advanced study, research or other scholarly activities, you may apply for academic leave for a period of up to one year.

Your application for leave should be made to the Academic and Professional Development Fund Committee, which will evaluate your proposed project and how it will enhance your ability to contribute to the University’s academic program. Your application should be submitted at least three months before the proposed start date and should include all pertinent details of your project and a copy of your resume.

While on academic leave, you accumulate seniority, provided there is a reasonable expectation that you would have been assigned work during your period of leave.