My InfoUniversity of Ottawa Information Technology Professionals

Court leave

You are entitled to paid leave if you are required to attend a court proceeding as a witness or to serve as a juror (including attendance at the selection process). Your pay is reduced by any juror payment you receive.

You must request court leave in writing and provide a copy of your summons to your supervisor and Human Resources.

If you are a defendant in a court proceeding, you are eligible for leave without pay or you may use your accumulated days of annual leave. You are not eligible for court leave if you are serving a prison sentence.

Leave Management System

You must enter your leave in the FAST leave management system (on-campus access only) prior to your leave or if this is not possible, immediately upon your return to work.