(C) Revision of the institute’s bargaining unit description, bargaining certificate number 3320-06-R
Considering the University’s request and the Institute’s willingness to negotiate the exclusion or inclusion of certain Bargaining unit positions;
The Parties agree to the following:
- In order to begin discussions, the Parties shall implement a committee no later than three (3) months after the Agreement is signed, in order to identify the positions to be included or excluded in the Bargaining unit. That joint committee will be comprised of three (3) members from each party. The Parties may invite guests by informing the other party at least five (5) days before a planned meeting.
- The committee will prepare the list of positions identified for discussion. If deemed necessary, the University will provide the names of the incumbents and job descriptions of each position on that list.
- Then the committee will meet to discuss, negotiate and re-place Bargaining unit positions, or to jointly agree on their exclusion.
- The Parties shall ask the Ontario Labour Relations Board to modify the Bargaining unit in accordance with agreements between the Parties and, if applicable, to issue a new Bargaining certificate.
- The Parties agree that this agreement cannot be considered as a precedent or admission regarding other positions to be discussed later.
In witness whereof, the parties have signed on February 22, 2018.