Leave for family obligations and emergencies
If required, you can take up to three days of paid leave per calendar year for family obligations and other emergencies, including:
- Providing short-term care to a close family member who is ill
- Attending a medical or dental appointment or a meeting with school officials for a family member
- Inability to secure daycare for a child in your care
- Attending court with a minor child in your careor
- Dealing with damage to your residence as a result of a fire, flood, a natural disaster or a break-in.
You must make every effort to keep absences for family obligations to a minimum.
Leave Management System
You must enter your leave in the FAST leave management system (on-campus access only) prior to your leave or if this is not possible, immediately upon your return to work.